Monday, March 09, 2009

Obama to Restore ‘Science Integrity’ as Part of Stem-Cell Shift

Obama to Restore ‘Science Integrity’ as Part of Stem-Cell Shift
March 9 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama will reverse the U.S. government’s ban on funding stem-cell research today and pledge to “use sound, scientific practice and evidence, instead of dogma” to guide federal policy, an adviser said.


I don't say this often, but think I agree with Larry Kudlow on this one. Here's a link to Kudlow's site, which is not a direct comment on the stem cell issue, I believe.

Larry said, if I may quote him loosely, that he felt that this research should be funded by the private sector rather than by the government, because so many who pay the taxes that the government then redistributes have strong moral objection to the research.

While I don't know that I agree with their moral objection (or that I disagree, for that matter - haven't made up my mind), I do agree that they HAVE a strong objection, and that they should have a voice and their views should be respected when creating public policy.

This probably isn't my final word on this. As stated, I've not thought it through, but it was so odd that I agreed with Mr. Kudlow that I had to make a note of it ;-)>

No comments:

DBT-50000 when using DBCA.bat on Windows (Oracle 19.11)

I’ve been having some trouble getting DBCA to run in order to create databases. Thought I’d share it with you, and thus document it for la...