Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mexico to USA: I ain't your Mamma.

10 Countries in Deep Trouble - Yahoo! Finance
The first thing that I read on this page was that Mexico was in trouble because of all of the tourism that has been canceled because of drug-cartel related violence.
It occurs to me that maybe, rather than the US pressuring other countries to cut their supply, that the US should be working to either cut it's demand, or control the legality such that governments can properly regulate it rather than fighting a losing war against human nature.

I mean, honestly, if I were Columbia or Mexico or whomever, and all of these forces were threatening my system of government, I would nationalize the drug trade and tell the US to get it's own act together, I ain't your mamma.


No comments:

DBT-50000 when using DBCA.bat on Windows (Oracle 19.11)

I’ve been having some trouble getting DBCA to run in order to create databases. Thought I’d share it with you, and thus document it for la...