Wednesday, July 17, 2019

LABELS not working in .bat file. Error: The system cannot find the batch label specified

I've often run across the issue where
- I write a .bat file with a label.
- The label is quite valid
- The system throws the error: The system cannot find the batch label specified

I've found this to be an issue of line terminators.
I typically use Notepad++ for editing .bat files. It tends to use Unix line terminators. (Just LF, or \n)
I need to change these to be \r\n (carriage return & new line)

This also seems to impact statement blocks for IF statements.
Example:
IF "%1"=="SomeValue"(
  echo %1
  echo I just echoed %1
  set myvalue=%1
)

I have not carefully tested, but I get the same sort of weird errors for perfectly valid statements. I'm guessing they're related.

Best of luck!

No comments:

DBT-50000 when using DBCA.bat on Windows (Oracle 19.11)

I’ve been having some trouble getting DBCA to run in order to create databases. Thought I’d share it with you, and thus document it for la...