Tuesday, August 06, 2019

WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment 7.0 security.xml corrupted.

On one of our internal WebSphere application server network deployment v7 environments, I hit the following error.

The error was: com.ibm.websphere.ssl.SSLException: Cannot get security object from WCCM


Security.xml appeared to have been corrupted. The security.xml file was blank.

To resolve this, I had to copy a security.xml file from another server, and then edit it to 
  1. replace the original server name with the name of my corrupted server 
  2. change it to disable security altogether as instructed here.
    1. NOTE: I had to use the 2nd method mentioned, since my Dmgr was stopped. 
Thanks so much to Chandan Kumar of GeekFlare for posting this very useful procedure :-) 

In case something should happen to GeekFlare,  I am copying it below. Please attribute all credit to Chandan for this! 


If you can connect to the deployment manager, you can use wsadmin and the securityoff command, as follows:


[root@localhost bin]# ./wsadmin.sh
WASX7209I: Connected to process "dmgr" on node localhostCellManager01 using SOAP connector; The type of process is: DeploymentManager
WASX7029I: For help, enter: "$Help help"
wsadmin>

wsadmin>securityoff
LOCAL OS security is off now but you need to restart server1 to make it affected.
wsadmin>

exit and restart dmgr.

If you can connect to the deployment manager, you will have to edit the security.xml file, as shown below. (Again, this is lifted directly from Chandan's post) 

Second procedure – modifying security.xml

Take a backup of security.xml, it’s located under DMGR profile/config/cells/CellName. If you are not sure, you can use find command to search security.xml
  • Modify security.xml using the vi editor
  • Search for enabled=true (as shown below)
was-disable-security
  • Change true to false (as shown below)
was-disable-security-config
  • Save the file and restart the DMGR



In my case, the security.xml file was utterly corrupted, so I ended up proceeding as outlined at the top of this post.

No comments:

DBT-50000 when using DBCA.bat on Windows (Oracle 19.11)

I’ve been having some trouble getting DBCA to run in order to create databases. Thought I’d share it with you, and thus document it for la...