Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Problem getting JAVA GUI to show itself

When i would run the debugger on a SWING based JAVA utility that I had written using WSAD in order to read data from an iseries DTAQ object, and the java icon would appear when doing an alt-tab, but I couldn't find the GUI. Turns out that WSAD didn't auto-generate the following code ...


TEST1 T1 = new TEST1();
T1.show();

... in the main method.

I don't know if this was my mistake, or if WSAD is really this challenged to anticipate the need for this terribly, terribly boiler-plate code.

By the by, why aren't there any freely downloadable iseries utilities to work with dataqueues? I'll post the one that I have when it's "finished". That could be a while. It currenlty will only read from a dataqueue and clear the contents.

No comments:

DBT-50000 when using DBCA.bat on Windows (Oracle 19.11)

I’ve been having some trouble getting DBCA to run in order to create databases. Thought I’d share it with you, and thus document it for la...